Selling Our Story to Cirrus
Recruiting businesses to East Tennessee (and more-specifically recruiting companies to do business on airport property) is a full-time job. The Knoxville Chamber (and many other local organizations) is tasked with selling Knoxville to businesses around the world in hopes that they bring more jobs and revenue to East Tennessee. In this episode, Doug Lawyer, Vice President of Economic Development for the Knoxville Chamber, discusses what all went into recruiting Cirrus Aircraft to TYS. He also talks about the status of our region and shares examples of many other businesses that have decided to call East Tennessee home.
Guest in this Episode
Doug Lawyer is Vice President of Economic Development for the Knoxville Chamber. He’s been at the Chamber for 17 and works with the Airport Authority regularly.
Mentioned in this Episode
- ‘Project Thunder’, aka Cirrus Aircraft, announces Vision Center location in Knoxville
- The region’s economic development partnership: Innovation Valley
- New business in Knoxville: Lifetime Products
- Competitive Airfare Partnership
- Previous From the Runway Up episode about Air Service Development
- How would Doug describe Knoxville? ‘As a thriving region that has an amazing quality of life with four distinct seasons and a great location in the eastern United States’