Hot Tips for Summer Travel
Traveling this summer? You’re not alone! With more people taking to the skies this summer, this episode provides you with six quick tips you can take to make your travel experience simple and safe. From parking tips to COVID-19 resources, this episode has all the information you need to know before you go.
Mentioned in this Episode
- Allegiant’s new flights to Austin, Boston, Chicago, Houston, Myrtle Beach
- American Airlines resumes flights to Miami International
- Delta now offering mainline service (bigger aircraft, Boeing 717) to Atlanta
- Summer travel tips:
- Per federal mandate, masks are required while inside the airport and on-board aircraft. This mandate is in effect until September 13, 2021.
- If you are arriving at McGhee Tyson Airport, we highly recommend that you pre-book your taxi or rental car in order to ensure transportation. A list of ground transportation companies that are licensed to do business at the airport can be found here: flyknoxville.com/ground-transportation.
- We are in the process of a Parking Garage Improvement Project, which will temporarily close various areas of the parking garage. If the Long Term Lot is full, additional parking can be found in our Economy Lot, which is located behind the Airport Hilton. A parking map can be found here: flyknoxville.com/parking-directions.
- We strongly encourage you to arrive at the airport at least two hours before your flight in order to give yourself plenty of time to find a parking spot, check your luggage with your airline, get through security, and find your departure gate
- If you have any questions or concerns about travel restrictions in the area to which you’re traveling, visit flyknoxville.com/covid19 in order to access travel tools and recommendations for COVID-19 questions.
- Look into programs that can make your travel experience quicker and easier, such as TSA’s PreCheck.