You Asked, Experts Answer: 20+ Q&As about Air Travel & TYS
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | RSS
Travelers have a lot of questions these days about what to expect at the airport and when onboard an airplane. In this episode, we answer 20+ of those frequently asked questions. We don’t just answer them— we take a deep dive into the questions with six different airport experts. From new flights, to runway construction, the REAL ID deadline, and updated concessionaire hours, you’ll learn it all after listening to these quick interviews.
Guest in this Episode
Mentioned in this Episode
- Allegiant Air offers nonstop service to Punta Gorda.
- Pre-pandemic at TYS: 28 nonstop destinations– currently have 24 nonstop destinations
- Pre-pandemic at TYS: three years of consecutive passenger growth– current passenger numbers are down approximately 55%
- Predicting a little under 1 million annual passengers in 2020, compared to 2.5 million passengers in 2019
- Allegiant Air offers nonstop service to Boston.
- Differences between the Short Term, Long Term, and Economy Parking Lots
- Taxi Companies available at TYS
- Hand sanitizing stations are available at every gate and restroom at TYS.
- Complimentary masks are available at the Information Booth in Baggage Claim.
- Runway Construction Project Completion Date: (no later than) September/October 2021
- Rental Cars available at TYS
- Current Concessionaire hours:
- Ruby Tuesday’s:
- 7am-7pm (or last departing flight) daily
- Monday, Thursday, Friday, Sunday: 4:30am-6:00pm
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday: 4:30am-12:00pm
- Monday: closed
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday: 8:00am-3:00pm
- Thursday, Sunday: 6:00am-6:00pm
- Friday: 8:00am-6:00pm
- Tennessee Marketplace (post-security gift shop):
- 4:30am-8:30pm (or last departing flight) daily
- Smoky Mountain Travel Mart (pre-security gift shop):
- Monday, Friday, Sunday: 9:00am-4:00pm
- Cinnabon and Pizzeria Uno are currently closed
- Ruby Tuesday’s:
- Ruby Tuesday’s recent bankruptcy announcement is not currently impacting operations at TYS.
- State air travel restrictions
- Donations put in the donations box beside the bear in front of the fountain benefit Friends of the Smokies.
- REAL ID Deadline: October 1, 2021
Music in this Episode
- Birdy by KV https://soundcloud.com/kvmusicprod
- Creative Commons — Attribution 3.0 Unported — CC BY 3.0
- Music promoted by Audio Library https://youtu.be/dSCbsObNJo0