What to Expect if Traveling to FL, TX or SC from TYS this Summer
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | RSS
Summer travel season is among us! While you’re preparing for your vacation or looking for planning inspiration, many questions can arise. Are there travel restrictions in this city? Do I need a negative COVID test to fly into this airport? We speak with representatives from Sarasota-Bradenton International Airport, Austin-Bergstrom International Airport, and Myrtle Beach International Airport, who share what you can expect when traveling to their city and what you should see during your time there.
Guests in this Episode
- Rick Piccolo, A.A.E., is the President & CEO of Sarasota Bradenton International Airport
- Bryce Dubee is the Public Information Specialist Sr. of the City of Austin Aviation Department
- Sue Stevens, A.A.E., works in Air Service Development for Myrtle Beach International Airport
Mentioned in this Episode
From Interview with SRQ:
- SRQ has 10 airlines and 47 nonstop destinations.
- Parking and rental car area is right across the street from the terminal.
- Restaurants in Sarasota are at 100% capacity, live events are happening as scheduled, and (most importantly!) the beaches are open.
- Alleigant’s service from TYS to SRQ beings on June 3, 2021, and is twice weekly– Thursday and Sunday. Book your flight to SRQ here!
From Interview with AUS:
- Check out Austin-Bergstrom’s podcast: The Austin Approach
- Allegiant flies into AUS’ south terminal. Find out more by using AUS’ interactive airport map.
- AUS has Covid testing on-site if you want to get tested before you leave AUS.
- The Austin area is known for their BBQ, live music, and outdoor activities (and Austin City Limits Music Festival).
- Alleigant’s service from TYS to AUS is offered year-round, twice weekly– Monday and Friday. Book your flight to AUS here!
From Interview with MYR:
- Myrtle Beach has 60 miles of beaches!
- It’s known as the Miniature Golf Capital of the World.
- It’s also known as the seafood capital on South Carolina, thanks to Murrells Inlet.
- ‘Myrtle Beach has something for everybody!’
- Alleigant’s service from TYS to MYR begins on June 2, 2021 and is twice weekly– Wednesday and Saturday. Book your flight to MYR here!
Music in this Episode
- Birdy by KV https://soundcloud.com/kvmusicprod
- Creative Commons — Attribution 3.0 Unported — CC BY 3.0
- Music promoted by Audio Library https://youtu.be/dSCbsObNJo0