Top 18 at TYS in 2018
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | RSS
This year has been a record-breaking year at McGhee Tyson Airport. From hitting an annual passenger record in January of 2018 and then hitting a huge passenger milestone (2 million passengers!) in December of 2018, to announcing new nonstop flights, and welcoming a new Airport Authority president, 2018 was definitely one for the (log) books! In the episode, From the Runway Up hosts, Becky and Caitlin, highlight the top 18 events that happened at TYS in 2018.
Guests in this Episode
No guests in this episode, just your hosts- Becky (right) and Caitlin (left)!
Mentioned in this Episode
- In January, we announced a record-breaking 2017 with 1,988,019 passengers.
- In April and May, we hosted another Aviation Academy.
- In October, we completed the airport’s 80th Anniversary campaign.
- In October, American Airlines announced nonstop flights to New York City beginning in February of 2019.
- In November, From the Runway Up won an international communications award at ACI-NA‘s MARCOM in Ottowa, Canada.
- In November, we welcomed Patrick Wilson to the Metropolitan Knoxville Airport Authority as our new President.
- In December, we reached a milestone of service 2 million passengers in 2018 (final year-end numbers will be announced in January 2019).
Previous Podcast Episodes Mentioned in this Episode
- Aviation Academy Episode
- HonorAir Knoxville Episode
- Art in the Airport Episode
- Air Service Development Episode
- Allegiant Air Recruitment Episode
- Airfield Modernization Program Episode
- Full-Scale Emergency Exercise Episode
- Bill Marrison’s Years of Service Episode
Music in this Episode
- Birdy by KV https://soundcloud.com/kvmusicprod
- Creative Commons — Attribution 3.0 Unported — CC BY 3.0
- Music promoted by Audio Library https://youtu.be/dSCbsObNJo0