General Aviation at the Island
While general aviation (GA) might not be the first thing that comes to your mind when you think of aviation, did you know that there are actually more registered GA aircraft than commercial aircraft in the U.S.? In this episode, we introduce listeners to Downtown Island Airport (DKX), the GA airport in Downtown Knoxville, and hear about the different type of aircraft and operations you can witness on the Island– military, law enforcement, and experimental aircraft just to name a few.
Guest in this Episode
- Jennifer Giffin (left) is the Operations Manager for the Metropolitan Knoxville Airport Authority and has worked at MKAA for six years.
- Justin Lackey (right) works as an Operations Specialist and has been with the Metropolitan Knoxville Airport Authority for 13 years.
Mentioned in this Episode
- Downtown Island Airport (DKX)
- DKX-Based Tenants:
- Knoxville Flyers Club
- Experimental Aircraft Association
- Ageless Aviation
- Storage Options for Pilots at DKX
- Condo Hangars
- Community Hangars
- Shade Hangar
- Tie-Down Options
- Fixed Base Operator at TYS: TAC Air