FIDS, BIDS, and WiFi, Oh My!
What do FIDS, BIDS, shared tenant services, access control, and WiFi have in common? They are technology services provide by the Airport Authority that passengers couldn’t travel without. In this episode, hear from MKAA’s technology staff about their current responsibilities, the obstacles they face working in an airport environment, and must-have apps to help ease your travel experiences.
Guest in this Episode
- Tony Clark (left) is the Technology Manager for the Metropolitan Knoxville Airport Authority and has worked at MKAA for 15 years.
- Justin McClure (right) works as an Airport Systems Technician and has been with the Metropolitan Knoxville Airport Authority for four years.
Mentioned in this Episode
- Shared Tenant Services
- Data Network, Radio Systems, and Audio Systems
- Weather Support Systems
- Access Control
- Myrtle Beach Airport Common Use Gates
- “10 Airport Using Beacons to Take Passenger Experience to the Next Level”