How the University of Tennessee Athletic Department Utilizes Private Charter Flights
Regardless of the sport or the destination, the University of Tennessee Athletic Department relies heavily on private charter flights to get student athletes to away games or competitions in a safe and timely manner. In this episode, David Elliott, Associate Athletic Director for Event Management at the University of Tennessee, discusses the planning and coordination it takes to schedule transportation for UT’s student athletes. Elliott also mentions some of his most memorable charter flights. Spoiler: one of his favorite flights was to Tempe, Arizona in 1998.
Guest in this Episode
Mentioned in this Episode
- UT’s Charter Contract is currently with Delta Air Lines
- Video of UT Football Team flying to Florida
- The Battle at Bristol
- National Championship in 1998: Chartered approximately 1,500 people to the Phoenix area
- 2005 LSU Game during Hurricane Katrina
- University of Tennessee’s Sports Management Program
- Coordinating the 134th Air Refueling Wing’s 2019 Fly Over
Did you know that the University of Tennessee’s charter flight planning begins in February for fall sports?