IROPS, SEADOG, HURREVAC: Impacts of Inclement Weather at Airports
Inclement weather in the form of rain, snow, sleet and strong winds can have a significant impact on airport operations. Learn how McGhee Tyson Airport handles turbulent weather in East Tennessee as well as how they lend a helping hand when natural disasters strike. Join Trevis Gardner, Senior Vice President of Operations, and Mike Porter, Airport Operations Specialist, as they discuss TYS weather operations, SEADOG and recent operational efforts to assist airports during Hurricane Dorian.
Guest in this Episode
- Trevis Gardner (left) is the Vice President of Operations at the Metropolitan Knoxville Airport Authority. He has worked in varying roles at TYS for more than 30 years.
- Mike Porter (right) works as an Operations Specialist at TYS and has been with the Metropolitan Knoxville Airport Authority for five years.
Mentioned in this Episode
- Video of Snow Blower in action at TYS
- HURREVAC at TYS for Hurricane Doriane
- Southeast Airports Disaster Operations Group (aka SEADOG)
- AirFrance lands at TYS
Did you know that if there is 1/2 inch of slush on the runway system that the airport has to shut down its operations?
Photos from this Episode
Music in this Episode
- Birdy by KV https://soundcloud.com/kvmusicprod
- Creative Commons — Attribution 3.0 Unported — CC BY 3.0
- Music promoted by Audio Library https://youtu.be/dSCbsObNJo0