Airport Branding: It’s More Than Just A Plane Picture
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | RSS
Every day millions of travelers pass through airports around the world and often use directional signage and other design elements to successfully navigate the terminal building. From wayfinding to multi-faceted branding campaigns, this episode explores the strategic thought process behind airport graphic design and how each facility works to make the public’s visual experience extraordinary.
Guests in this Episode
- Alexandra Bradley (left) is the Brand and Experience Manager at Asheville Regional Airport (AVL). She is a graduate from Appalachian State University and has been with AVL since 2014.
- Alex Cruz (right) is the Graphic Design Specialist at McGhee Tyson Airport (TYS). He graduated from the University of Tennessee in 2012 and has been with TYS since 2017.
Mentioned in this Episode
- Findings from the ‘Airport Socialites’ Informal Facebook Poll
- From Our Interview with Alex from AVL:
- From Our Interview with Alex from TYS:
- Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians (EBCI)
- UT Athletics
- TYS New Mobile App (photo shown below)
Photos of Graphic Examples Mentioned in this Episode
Music in this Episode
- Birdy by KV https://soundcloud.com/kvmusicprod
- Creative Commons — Attribution 3.0 Unported — CC BY 3.0
- Music promoted by Audio Library https://youtu.be/dSCbsObNJo0