I Don’t Want to be 600th in Line. Do You?
Moving through an airport’s security screening process shouldn’t be a task you’re dreading. It can be convenient and expedited without compromising the safety of the airport and its travelers. Hear from the Assistant Federal Security Director for TSA in East Tennessee, Eddie McGaha, as he spends time explaining the options you have to improve your checkpoint experiences and what to expect in the future.
Guest in this Episode
- Eddie McGaha is the Assistant Federal Security Director for TSA in East Tennessee. He has been with the TSA since its inception in 2002.
Mentioned in this Episode
- TYS is seeing 12% growth this year over last year.
- TSA processes 600 passengers an hour at TYS (using its three lanes).
- Construction is beginning soon on a fourth screening lane at TYS.
- PreCheck: TSA’s expedited screening process
- TSA’s ‘What Can I Bring’ tool
- How to Travel Safely with a Firearm
- TSA Cares
- Work with TSA
TSA’s Mission: Protect the nation’s transportation systems to ensure freedom of movement for people and commerce.TSA.gov
Photos of TSA at TYS
Music in this Episode
- Birdy by KV https://soundcloud.com/kvmusicprod
- Creative Commons — Attribution 3.0 Unported — CC BY 3.0
- Music promoted by Audio Library https://youtu.be/dSCbsObNJo0