What Do Drones, The Fast and the Furious, and Knoxville Have in Common?
With a large government and private technology presence in our area, Knoxville is at the forefront of the tech industry, especially in regards to 3D Printing. In the episode, we speak with Local Motors to hear how they are solving mobility problems around the world from their micro-factory here in Knoxville. We discuss the future of transportation, including the advanced technology of drones, 3D printed self-driving public transportation, and the 3D printed Rally Fighter, which was featured in ‘The Fate of the Furious’ and is now housed in Knoxville.
Guest in this Episode
- Max Heres Ph. D. , Lead Vehicle Dynamics Engineer at Local Motors
Mentioned in this Episode
- Launch forth: online platform for project pitches and selection
- Ollie: first and last mile transportation
- Time-lapse video of the Strati, the World’s first 3D printed car created by Local Motors at a trade show in 2014
- Video of the Rally Fighter, the 3D printed car featured in The Fast and the Furious
- Air Bus Cargo Drone Challenge
- Request a tour of Local Motors’ location in Knoxville