Passenger Amenities Constantly Change, How Do Airports Keep Up with the Trends?
Every aspect of an airport is planned and designed to meet the needs of the traveling public, and some of those needs are requested even before a plane ticket is booked. Whether its mobile websites, water-refilling stations, or aesthetically-pleasing construction walls, airport staff listen to the experts when planning for current and future growth—the experts being their passengers. In this episode, we hear from special guests from the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority and Tampa International Airport on how they handle the passenger experience and what they think the passenger experience will look like in the years to come.
Guests in this Episode
- Christina Saull (left) is the Corporate Communications Manager at the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority.
- Danny Valentine (right) is the Senior Communications Manager at Tampa International Airport (TPA).
Mentioned in this Episode
- ACI-NA’s MarComm Conference and Award Ceremony in Ottawa, ON
- ‘Officials Unveil New Facial Recognition System at Dulles International Airport’
- D.C. Airports Mobile App
- Tampa International Airport’s Construction Walls
- Airport FAQs for McGhee Tyson Airport
- Dulles International Airport’s ‘Donuts with Dad’ Father’s Day Event (photos below)
Quotes in this Episode
‘An airport controls so little, but we are responsible in the eyes of our consumer for so much.’
Music in this Episode
- Birdy by KV https://soundcloud.com/kvmusicprod
- Creative Commons — Attribution 3.0 Unported — CC BY 3.0
- Music promoted by Audio Library https://youtu.be/dSCbsObNJo0