Pick Me! Pick Me! An Inside Look at Recruiting Allegiant Air to TYS
Air Service Development is a tricky task that looks different at every airport, but one thing is consistent across the industry: Airlines are in the business of making money. Shocking right? Each airport is responsible for convincing airlines that they will be profitable in their market, and that can be a job that takes years.
In this episode, Jim Evans, Vice President of Marketing and Air Service Development for MKAA, discusses what airports are responsible for in regards to recruiting airlines, what the state of air service looks like in Knoxville, and what the industry can expect in the future.
Guests in this Episode
Jim Evans is the Vice President of Marketing and Air Service Development for the Metropolitan Knoxville Airport Authority. He has been with TYS for 12 years and in the aviation industry for more than 35 years.
Mentioned in this Episode
- Jim’s previous podcast episode: Air Service 101
- Aircraft Fleet: Airbus A320
- Travel Weekly article: ‘Regional airlines, hit by pilot shortage’
- New LGA Service at TYS
- New MIA Service at TYS
Music in this Episode
- Birdy by KV https://soundcloud.com/kvmusicprod
- Creative Commons — Attribution 3.0 Unported — CC BY 3.0
- Music promoted by Audio Library https://youtu.be/dSCbsObNJo0