GIS @ TYS
As the industry saying goes, ‘once you’ve seen one airport, you’ve seen one airport.’ That’s one of many reasons why geographical information systems (GIS) play an extremely critical role in airport planning. Whether its mapping for on-property fire hydrants, historical building layouts, aerial noise contour, or maps for special events, GIS is an aspect that is relied upon by all airport departments and customers.
In this episode, Blake Sartin, Senior GIS Manager for MKAA, discusses the unique uses for GIS and how people can get involved in the increasingly-popular career field.
Guests in this Episode
Blake Sartin is the Senior GIS Manager for the Metropolitan Knoxville Airport Authority. He has been with TYS since 2006.
Mentioned in this Episode
- McGhee Tyson Airport’s ALP- Exhibit A
- Ramp Map used by the U.S. Navy’s Blue Angels during the 2016 Smoky Mountain Air Show
- Food Truck Tuesday Parking Map
- Esri.com (not an endorsement)
Music in this Episode
- Birdy by KV https://soundcloud.com/kvmusicprod
- Creative Commons — Attribution 3.0 Unported — CC BY 3.0
- Music promoted by Audio Library https://youtu.be/dSCbsObNJo0